Sunday, December 7, 2008

Marilyn Monroe's Infamous Words

I was always fascinated by her. So young and beautiful, yet complicated. Loved by the world, but not by herself, died at the age of 36. Often thought of as "Plastic" there was much more to...Norma Jeane Mortenson.

* Sometimes I've been to a party where noone spoke to me for a whole evening. The men, frightened by their wives or sweeties...the ladies would gang up in a corner and d
iscuss my dangerous character.

* If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.

I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.

I love to do the things the censors won't pass.

* I have too many fantasies to be a housewife.... I guess I am a fantasy.

A career is wonderful thing, but you can't snuggle up to it on a cold night.

Some people have been unkind. If I say I want to grow as an actress, they look at my figure. If I say I want to develop, to learn my craft, they laugh. Somehow they don't expect me to be serious about my work.

Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.

A career is born in public -- talent in privacy.

* Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.


Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one.


* I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one.

I've been on a calendar, but I've never been on time.


* I've never dropped anyone I believed in.


No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.

Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.

* It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on.

The trouble with censors is that they worry if a girl has cleavage.
They ought to worry if she hasn't any.

* The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.

What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.

If you can make a girl laugh....You can make her do anything..

*** The Nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream.

( * = Quotes that I Love (lol) or personally relate too)

No comments: