Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Disaster in Haiti


One of the largest earthquake's to hit Haiti in more than 200 years. Tore through my Caribbean land Tuesday, collapsing a hospital and heavily damaging other buildings. U.S. officials reported bodies lying in the streets.

The earthquake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 and was centered about 10 miles west of Port-au-Prince at a depth of 5 miles.

With phones down, I couldn't get in contact with my family today like most people. My prayers are out to anyone enduring the unsureness of family loss like me. Wycelf Jean is at the forefront, aiding to get the word out as best as he can. His Help Haiti Campaign is Earthquake Relief Donate $5 by texting YELE to 501 501

3 comments:

Frenchie said...

Fav, Love you, and I'm praying for your family. I definitely know what the feeling of waiting is like. IN '97 a volcano erupted on Montserrat and we didn't know what was going on with our family. So you're lifted up in my prayers.

Michell's Big Mouth said...

you dont know me.. but i feel your pain.. Tikia told me about you.. but thats besides the point... I am hatian too.. and i have been going crazy trying to get in contact with my family. I will pray for you.. i hope u will do the same for me.

Faviola said...

Aww thanx hun, I will! An tell my lil chi-chi I luv her.